- A PBOR may commute 50% of his basic pension. Amount commuted will be in whole rupee.
- A commuted value of pension is calculated on the basis of age on next birthday, which falls after the date on which the commutation become absolute.
- 50% of pension x 12 x Purchase Value( on the age next birth day)
Commutation application submitted After one year
- The date on which medical board signs the medical proceedings.
Commutation application submitted within one year
- The date of commencement of pension when application received prior to retirement.
- The date of receipt of application by PSA where application is received after retirement.